Sometimes, the universe conspires to create something beautiful – despite quick preparations and some scheduling conflicts!
We were going to Bali, Indonesia originally as a family trip with my brother, his fiancée and a few other relatives. But around November last year and a seat sale, they booked Pullout Prod for a pre-wedding video shoot in the island of the gods.
It was up to me to schedule and coordinate the whole thing and seeing these photos, comes a sense of fulfillment that hey, behind the scenes and the endless water bottles, it all came together beautifully. Even more so in celebrating love between two people.
If you wish to shoot your engagement photos or video in Bali without a legit coordinator there, here are some tips in order to make it happen!
- For this trip, we combined touring + shooting!
- There are extra fees for pre-wedding shoots. It costs extra Rp 500,000 “donation” for Tanah Lot and Rp 600,000 in Beratan Lake. When I say extra this is on top of parking and entrance fees.
- Drones are not allowed in some areas. For Tanah Lot, we were allowed to fly the drone only because we paid for the pre-wedding fee. Beratan Lake, Batuan Tample and Uluwatu Temple don’t allow drones.
- We got away with a few bits of payments by opting out of formal wear. Gowns and suits attract attention and soon enough you’ll have one of the staff approaching to pay the donation (which is a fixed price haha)
- Some temples have a dress code. For Batuan temple, a sarong must be worn at all times while for Uluwatu temple, a sarong is only worn when shorts are above the knee.
- The heat is exhausting – so bring lots of refreshments and snacks!
- Research ahead of time which areas to go to because it takes 45 minutes up to 1 hour to go to each location.
- Public beaches are beautiful and free!
- Be early. All of the places we shot at were tourist spots. These photos all came together with a bit of luck, early call times and camera magic!
- It is a must to communicate with your transport, guide and team to see what they need and what must be done.
We’ll share the video with you soon!
Photography & Video : Pullout Productions (Mart & Dabid)
Hotel: Cara Cara Inn
Transportation & Guide: Made Nata
Tanah Lot Temple
Sacred Monkey Forest and Temple